This information below is for the 2012-2013 School Year.
Four-Year-Old Pre-School Program
This is a very academic based program meant to challenge your children to be ready in every way for kindergarten.
We are offering a five-day a week, half-day pre-school program for children who will be four years old on, or before, August 31st. This program is funded by the State of Kansas through an "At-Risk" Pre-School grant.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Enrollment is limited, and determined by State criteria for At-Risk Pre-School funding and space availability.
- Children must be four years of age on or before August 31st.
- Your home address must be within USD 204.
- Proof of residency is required (mortgage stub, lease agreement, utility bill).
Children meeting State requirements are placed first.
- Families not meeting State requirements may pay a fee for their child to attend. Students will be selected through a lottery system.
What is the cost?
- There is no fee if you meet one of the State criteria.
- If you do not meet the state criteria:
The fee is $1800 per year or $50 per week, plus a one time Technology Resource Fee of $27.50.
Where are classes held?
- Classes are held at the Delaware Ridge Elementary School.
What about transportation?
- Students are transported by bus with a bus aide to help supervise the children.
- For safety, the children will wear a five-point harness to keep them safely in their seats.
- Routes are assigned according to pick up and drop off locations. You will be notified of your child's bus number prior to start of classes.
- Where you live will determine whether your child will attend the morning session or the afternoon session.
When are classes held?
- The four-year-old program follows the District calendar.
- Morning sessions are held from 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served during the morning session at no additional cost.
- Afternoon sessions are held from 12:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Lunch will be served during the afternoon session at at no additional cost.
- Regular attendance is required.
What do I do if I'm interested in this program?
- Complete the application and enrollment forms in full and return it to one of the following locations:
The Board of Education Office: 913-422-5600
Delaware Ridge Elementary School office: 913-441-2126
The Edwardsville Elementary School office: 913-422-4036
The Bonner Springs Elementary School office: 913-441-1777
If accepted in the program, you will need to complete the supplemental enrollment forms for your child and return them to Delaware Ridge Elementary School the first week in August.